Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Welcome to the S&B Farm

   I'm Amy; wife, mother, teacher and domestic engineer. I live in a tiny little country town in New Hampshire with my husband Al.  We have three children- our son Devin is 17 and our daughters Briana and Sophia are 13 & 4; both which we are homeschooling. 

On our little farm we have one dog; Lilly, a cat; Isabelle and three chickens; Anne, Diana and Lucy.
    My family moved back to the country a year ago after being in the city for seven long years. It was the best decision we've ever made.  My husband and I have always wanted to have a house in the country where we could have a big garden, farm animals, and get closer to nature. Ever since I was little I have always wanted a huge farm with horses- somewhere in Montana or Wyoming (maybe someday!)  My husband grew up on his grandparents farm in Illinois, so farming is in his blood. 

   Our goal was to do things more like they were done so many years ago.  Over the past five months I've been learning new skills and crafts such as breadmaking, knitting, crocheting, and raising chickens.  We're slowly getting closer to the land and using it for it's original use, raising chickens for their eggs and to learn many homestead skills to be as self-sufficient as we can.

   With so many new things to tackle it's definitely an adventure around here.  There are laughs, there are tears, there are triumphs and epic fails.  One thing is for sure- everyday is a whole new day to learn and share.

I hope you take time to explore the adventures with us,

Amy





 

No comments:

Post a Comment