Wednesday, May 22, 2013

A Mother's Day Hat

   This winter was a very long, cold and snowy winter here in NH.  In December I decided I was going to take up knitting and crocheting.  Since we moved from a townhouse to a house we knew we would be keeping the heat low as to not run through heating fuel. 

   I began with scarves; nice and easy I figured, so I made them for everyone for Christmas.   I conquered the basics, but I wanted to challenge myself with more.  Mother's Day was coming up and I thought a crocheted hat with the wool she gave me would be a unique gift.  I had no idea if I could pull it off, but I found an easy pattern and went to work.

1st Wool Hat
   It took less than a week and was super simple!  I personally think it could be a little shorter than the 36 cs (chain stitches) that it says because we had to roll it up a couple times.  Aside from that, it came out beautiful for my first try and it will keep her head nice and toasty in the winter!  Best of all I have plenty of wool and time to make one for my daughters, husband and myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment